[Insight-developers] Mailing List

Holmes, David R. III, Ph.D. [RO RM1-24] Holmes.David3 at mayo.edu
Thu Sep 2 12:16:19 EDT 2010

Luis-

Thanks for thinking about this issue and responding.  I completely
understand the preference to keep to a single list and facilitate
adoption.

I just want to make sure that when I am searching back for relevant
information, that it is still relevant.  While ITKv4 is simply the next
release, there may be significant changes (if I understand some of the
goals of v4).  Accordingly, I want to be sure that people are getting
the right information.  One thought, for example, may be that every
Insight-Journal submission should explicitly state which version(s) of
ITK was used for development/testing. Of course, that could be
determined by looking at the full submission code, but that does require
more work.  Another idea is as you suggest - putting ITKv4 in the
subject line.  I like that because I can sort the emails quickly myself;
however, I can see how that may annoy many of the folks submitting to
the list.

In the end, the list is proceeding as it should, so perhaps there is no
reason to mess with it.

Thanks for your time

david

David R Holmes III

Biomedical Imaging Resource Core Facility Director

Department of Physiology and Biomedical Engineering

Mayo Clinic College of Medicine

Ph:  507-266-4250       Fax:  507-284-1632

holmes.david3 at mayo.edu