[IGSTK-Developers] tracked ultrasound reconstruction into 3D/volume

Danielle Pace danielle.pace at kitware.com
Tue Apr 5 09:47:15 EDT 2011

Hi Fad,

You might be interested in these links (which are by no means exhaustive):
http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/vtkNDITracker-Polaris-Tracking-Devices-td3407801.html
http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/618
http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/655

Hope that helps,

Danielle

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 9:06 AM, Mod. Hani Ahmad Fadzil <
fadzmo2 at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi Agusanto,
>
> thanks for your reply.
>
> I know how to reconstruct 2D slices to 3D volume by using VTK. The codes
> are simple, and i managed to do it already.  But the problem is how to track
> the ultrasound probe by using VTK? If i am not mistake, VTK does not have
> navigation or tracking function, am i right? Many thanks for your advise,
> please point it out to me if you could. Thanks.
>
> Fad
>

> On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 9:00 PM, K. Agusanto <kagusanto at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Perhaps you can take a look at the VTK from Kitware.
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 8:45 PM, Mod. Hani Ahmad Fadzil <
>> fadzmo2 at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I am new to IGSTK, i have search some previous posts about the 3D
>>> ultrasound reconstruction using tracked 2D images, but i cannot see the
>>> example program for this from the IGSTK (also search for the sandbox). Any
>>> idea how can i start for this work? Based on previous post by others, it
>>> seems like quite a number of people already working on this many years ago.
>>> But i cannot see or found any concrete example for this work. IGSTK do not
>>> have frame grabber function yet, up to now only manage to communicate with
>>> various tracker devices, so how can i output the track images from
>>> Ultrasound machine and reconstruct into 3D? I really need all your help.
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> best,
>>> Fad

Danielle Pace, M.ESc.