[IGSTK-Developers] tracker heirarchy

Andinet Enquobahrie andinet.enqu at kitware.com
Wed Jan 23 16:55:05 EST 2008

Hi Ziv,

This is a good idea.  It will definitely make the hierarchy
cleaner/more elegant. However, this should not be a priority at
this point.  We should focus instead on solidifying and testing thoroughly
the functions of the classes instead of structural organization.

But, feel free to add it to our wish list for the future.

-Andinet

> Hi all,
>
> After reviewing the Tracker/auroraTracker/polarisTracker classes I
> believe the current hierarchy should be changed. Currently
> auroraTracker and polarisTracker inherit from Tracker, all are
> complete classes with large chunks of exactly the same code in the
> Aurora and Polaris classes.
>
> I'd like to suggest that Tracker become a virtual base class. Then we
> have NDIAuroraPolarisBase, a virtual base class for the two trackers
> containing all the common functions. Only then do we have the
> AuroraTracker and PolarisTracker which can be instantiated.
>
>                  comments anyone?
>                         Ziv

Andinet A. Enquobahrie, PhD
R&D Engineer