[IGSTK-Developers] pivot calibration with FOB

Julien Jomier julien.jomier at kitware.com
Thu Apr 24 12:24:32 EDT 2008

Hi Sebastian,

> Patrick told me you implemented the FOB classes before the refactoring.
> Where you able to run the pivot calibration with good repeatability?

That was a long time ago but I think it was working fairly well at that
time. I couldn't remember if we actually did the repeatability test.

> Do you remember why you set the transformation in
> igstkFlockOfBirdsTracker in this way?
>
> typedef TransformType::VersorType RotationType;
> RotationType rotation;
> rotation.Set(quaternion[0],-quaternion[3],quaternion[2],quaternion[1]);
> //<---- why minus and why that order?

It really depends how the FoB is setup. Meaning the orientation of the
magnetic field w.r.t the tools. If I remember correctly, this was the
orientation of the magnetic source for our setup.
Now, it should probably be a concatenation of transforms to make it more
general.

Hope that helps,
Julien