[IGSTK-Developers] Re: PivotCalibration class

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Dec 19 15:16:57 EST 2007

Hi Ziv,

There is a class::

             itkToolCalibrationReader

in IGSTK/Source directory.

I believe this class was intended for providing the feature that
you are requesting.

If this class is not working, then we probably should rework it
for reading a Transform from a file and then provide it in a format
where it can be set to the TrackerTool.

TrackerTools shouldn't read files directly, for the same reason
that igstkImages shoulnd't read files directly.

This is indeed a nice feature to provide, and it would be a great
project to attack during the NAMIC project week.  You may find
interesting to have this class read the file formats that Slicer
is using for storing Transforms.  Jim Miller and Stephen Aylward
have been discussing this issues for a while.

You may want to call tomorrow at 3:00pm to the NAMIC tcon and
bring up this issue.