[IGSTK-Developers] Re: PivotCalibration class

Ziv Yaniv zivy at isis.imac.georgetown.edu
Wed Dec 19 11:11:21 EST 2007

Andinet Enquobahrie wrote:
> Hi Ziv,
>
> Your PivotCalibrationNew class in the Sandbox uses the old tracker API.
> Can you modify it so that it uses the new Tracker API. Since we are
> cleaning up
> the sandbox build, I have commented it out from the CMakeList file for
> the time
> being.
>
> Let us know if you have any questions on how to use the new Tracker API.
>
> Thanks
> -Andinet

Hi Andient,

Thanks for commenting it out. I was sure that I had done this a while
back when the refactoring started.

I will start work on modifying all classes and tests related to pivot
calibration so that they work with the new tracker interface next week.

This brings up the question about saving tool calibration. As far as I'm
aware we never resolved this issue, sort of fell through the cracks.
During the discussions
(http://public.kitware.com/IGSTKWIKI/index.php/Minutes_062807) we raised
the issue that calibration is done beforehand. A natural way of saving
and loading it back is some serialization mechanism on the trackertool
side.

Can you incorporate this type of mechanism into the tracker tool?

                  thanks
                     Ziv

--
Ziv Yaniv, PhD., Research Assistant Professor
Imaging Science and Information Systems (ISIS) Center

Phone: +1-202-687-7286
Fax: +1-202-784-3479
email: zivy at isis.imac.georgetown.edu
web: http://isiswiki.georgetown.edu/zivy/