[IGSTK-Developers] Failing test on the dashboard

Andinet Enquobahrie andinet.enqu at kitware.com
Fri Feb 3 12:43:27 EST 2006

Folks,

I investigated why the
"igstkCTImageSpatialObjectReadingAndRepresentationTest
<http://public.kitware.com/IGSTK/Dashboard/20060203-0430-Nightly/TestDetail/__Testing_igstkCTImageSpatialObjectReadingAndRepresentationTest.html>"
is failing in most machines on the dashboard. The reason is that the
rendered output on the vtk window is not getting captured correctly.
This problem is due to screensavers turned on those machines.

Talking to VTK/Paraview experts here, there are two options to resolve
this issue.  The first option is to turn off the screen saver on the
machine. The second options is to introduce an off screen rendering
mechanism using Mesa into IGSTK.  The first option is easy and not
difficult considering the fact that we have only six systems for nightly
build right now (not counting the Caddlab systems). The second option is
a little more complicated and not even favored by Paraview folks who do
a lot of rendered output testing on several machines.

So, I humbly ask those of you who are adminstering the machines on the
dashboard to turn off the screensaver on your machine and I expect the
test to pass.

Thank you

-Andinet