[IGSTK-Developers] FW: SPIE paper: please skim rapidly if time permits for high level discussion at end of tcon

Kevin Cleary cleary at georgetown.edu
Thu Feb 2 12:41:30 EST 2006

Hi everyone:

Like most of us who write stuff, Patrick probably doesn't think this is that
good, but I think he did an excellent job putting together this first draft
of the SPIE paper as attached.

I want to work on this some more as I really want to make it sharp and hand
out copies at the demo on Feb 10th (thank goodness I am the editor of the
proceedings so we have some more grace time still;) but this is a great
start

In particular, I found the use of the state machine, the example
application, and the discussion very interesting

I invite you to curb my exuberance (go ahead and look that word up!) but I
consider the transition from our struggles with the state machine in October
to the current state of the code and this example application to be nothing
short of spectacular

I realize we have a long way to go but I believe the project does have huge
potential and we need to keep up the momentum (I will fill you in on my
latest conversations with NIH officials on the tcon)

Kevin

Kevin Cleary, Ph.D.                        Work phone: 202-687-8253
Associate Professor                        Work fax: 202-784-3479
Deputy Director

Imaging Science and Information Systems (ISIS) Center
Department of Radiology                    Pager: 202-901-2033
Georgetown University Medical Center       Cell phone: 202-294-3409
2115 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 603           Home phone: 301-299-0788
Washington, DC, 20007                      Home fax: 301-299-0789

ISIS center:  <http://www.isis.georgetown.edu/> www.isis.georgetown.edu
Research group:  <http://www.caimr.georgetown.edu/> www.caimr.georgetown.edu
WashCAS:  <http://www.washcas.org/> www.washcas.org
Email:  <mailto:cleary at georgetown.edu> cleary at georgetown.edu